Lighting For Moss

Discussion in 'Plants' started by Rosenke, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Rosenke

Rosenke New Member

Hey all, I know that this question has been asked to death, and I've tried to read as much as I can on the subject, but I'm not sure I'm convinced of the best course of action. I have a viv set up for my classroom fire skinks and I want to create a more humid/mossy end of it. I am planning to try out the Dusk Mix, or the Green Oasis slurry if I hear back, and was wondering about the lighting. It's about a foot of distance from the mesh top to the substrate, so whatever I end up going with won't need a ton of penetrating power. The reading I have done is leaning me toward the compact fluorescents from Canadian Tire, but I want to ask around just to be sure before I pull the trigger. Any insight/advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

2. CarsonH

CarsonH Member

The more important issue here is the moisture I believe.

Lighting: get a floodlight 'daylight' LED, will last longer than the CFL, and wont get as hot.

3. Rosenke

Rosenke New Member

Thanks for the reply! I have a Mistking set up on the tank, so I should be good there. As for the LED flood, do you have a specific brand and source that you have had good results with? Appreciate it!

Social Sharing