galacts?

Discussion in 'Dart Frogs General' started by Lo)2enz0, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Lo)2enz0

Lo)2enz0 Contributing Member

someone has got to be either breeding them or selling them

2. MartyA

MartyA Contributing Member

Ron had some awhile ago, you might try giving him a call. I think at one point he had yellows but now he has the oranges.

3. somecanadianguy

somecanadianguy Member

My buddy picked up perrys red and orange glac , he's looking to pair em soon too

4. crazy_boarder_dude

crazy_boarder_dude Contributing Member

Yea check with Ron i Remember him having Galacts when i was talking to him a while ago. Dont remember which type though :?

5. Ron Jung

Ron Jung Legendary Member

I have 6 75%+ pumpkin orange and 5 of the deep red glacts. My orange are laying eggs off and on but they are duds so far. First clutch syndrome. I am hoping to soon get some viable eggs. As for the red's they too are adults and I hope that they will soon start laying.

For anyone really interested I can put them on a waiting list like I have for some of my other rarer frogs like the standard Lamasi, and standard Fantasticus. (ones with a pentagram star on the top of their heads)

Best.
    Ron Jung at RAINFOREST DESIGNS UNLTD.

6. Lo)2enz0

umm lol i for sure have the worst luck with what i want right now. as martin knows, i am being picky as hell trying to find true costa rican auratus and i want yellow galacts. might even think of getting in on a US order (yes i know about cities, but you do what you must for something you want) if anyone is doing one in the next year

7. SLDDave

SLDDave Contributing Member

Hey, all of my family resides in calgary so I frequently travel to the city. I would split the cost of cites with you to get some US frogs in about a year.

8. Lo)2enz0

So looks like I am going to start arranging it early next year because by the time all the permits clear it will be a bit warmer for shipping. so i will be looking at an eta of late march to early april

as it stands the order will be from sean stewart because of what he has to offer

Maybe we can get a group buy organized soon. and i will start arranging it late in october and get all the details needed

9. afterdark

afterdark Administrator Staff Member

My understanding is that Sean Stewart is one of, if not THE, only breeder (s) to ship to Canada. I have been making numerous inquiries myself and all have been a flat out 'no'. Talking with Perry from Tropical Jewels, he had the same experience.

Also, I know that Sean Stewart has a minimum order of $1000 to even start to fill out the paperwork for CITES. Then you have the various fees. Just as an example, here is an order that I had worked out for myself:

4 D. azureus - $240
    4 D.tinctorius 'Brazilian Yellow-Head' - $260
    4 D.galactonotus 'Red' - $320
    4 D.leucomelas - $300

CITES permit - $150
    US Food and Wildlife inspection - $95
    Box fee - $50
    Air Express shipping - $200 approx.

TOTAL = $1615 USD.

So, 16 frogs, just over $100 US each. :lol:

Just throwing that out there for those who are thinking about getting an order together. Makes sense if you can combine with multiple folks in your area. 8)

10. t-rose

t-rose Member

Frog Order

I know that Pat Nabors from Saurian.net who is a great and reputable breeder will ship cross border if the order is large enough... don't know what he has in terms of galacs... he does list what he has on his web site... don't quite know if Brian from Brian's tropicals would ship cross boarder... he has great frogs..

Anyway regardless if the order is in about a year I would like in on it... there are some frogs I want to get that I think I would be best getting from the states.

11. Lo)2enz0

with the extra expences you did make a mistake. With the CITIES permit you have to pay $150 per a species. so for what you listed add another $450 to your price and that will be the actual price of the order. When it comes to US orders you have to remember that when you pay the CITIES fee you need to make it worth it. which is why Galacts and Tinc's would be the best because most breeders offer various morphs.

as for breeders patrick is a good breeder but he just doesn't offer to the extent that sean does.

12. SLDDave

SLDDave Contributing Member

would the same $150 cover citronellas and matcheos since they are both tincs?

13. Lo)2enz0

it should, because your getting the CITIES under each species

14. afterdark

See? You learn something new everyday! :lol: :shock:

I had no idea about that, but it's good to know. Thanks. :)

15. somecanadianguy

somecanadianguy Member

Are you guys sure its 150 per speciecs? Up intill 2000 I order very large orders with many dirent herps on one cites papers from ball pythons to iggys to chams ect ect. If it did change when did it?
    Craig

16. t-rose

t-rose Member

CITES

I don't think it is each species... I was considering getting a CITES certificate to import my pet darts and they just said that the application was one fee and that I could list as many animals under that application as I wanted to...

and I don't think I even had to import them all at the same time... I could spread it out over a year or three depending on what application I submitted.

17. afterdark

I had never heard of $150 per species and that is not what is listed on Sean Stewart's page:

18. Lo)2enz0

umm guess what i have been told in the past was wrong

19. fido

fido Contributing Member

Let me know if this order from the states is a go.I will most likely go in on the order. I am near Red Deer.
    Stephen

Social Sharing