Blast from the PAST! exo-terra 24x18x18

Discussion in 'Members Frogs & Vivariums' started by Lo)2enz0, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Lo)2enz0

Lo)2enz0 Contributing Member

Well after years of procrastination I pulled the trigger.

Picked up a exo-terra 12x12x18 and well it wasn't big enough so I brought it back and swapped it for a 24x18x18. I have always wanted a larger dart tank and in the past I have put together many 10, 15 and 20 gal tanks. My favorite was my 15long azureus tank. Sold all of my frogs 7 years ago, and have missed them ever since.

So this tank will include a false floor, water feature, GS background, numerous bromeliads, rock work... basically making a killer show tank. Taking my time on the build and will be placing a few orders for stuff soon. Once the tanks base is together I plan on doing my plan order.

here is my inspiration:
    http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a40 ... -11001.mp4

[​IMG]

And to make this a bit interesting, my 2 money pit's

This was my 3rd SW tank. Dumped WAY to much money into it. After buying my apartment I found out I wasn't allowed it due to the structure design of the building. So I gave it to my parents, since than it has had alot of issue due to neglect. This week I need to take some time taking care of it. Tired of spending hours on it one weekend to go over the next and the glass hasn't been cleaned since than.

[​IMG]

Now the headache cube. This one is in my apartment. Tried Small polyp stoney coral but ran into issues dialing in the tank. Now it is a low flow softy/large polyp stoney coral tank. Its still young and I think once it matures a bit things will turn around.

[​IMG]

2. Gabor

Gabor Contributing Member

Very nice tanks!

I had a headache tank too and I ended up taking it down! Turned out the live rock was leaching phosphate into the water so I ended up with algae bloom after algae bloom ;) .

3. afterdark

afterdark Administrator Staff Member

How's the new setup coming?

4. Lo)2enz0

Lo)2enz0 Contributing Member

Man thats the worst. I know a guy right now who bought bulk carbon that was full of copper. He had a 300gal full of small polyp stoney coral and now its all gone. He has been struggling with the tank since because the copper imbedded itself into the rock. Over $3000 loss trying to save maybe $100.

I love saltwater but being a student again has made it stressful and I overwhelmed myself. I am happy with the current direction, trying to do a softy tank now

started setting it up. had a false bottom, dirt, wood and some sphagnum moss and I hated it. Also had mishap the bucket with my dirt mixture, which was in my bath tub, and now clogged the bath tub so I have a plumber coming tomorrow. I am in the process of moving my salt water into the computer room right now and where that tank was I will be setting up either a 75gal or a 3' 50gal. Martin A was here telling me I was crazy but hey, its alot less work than salt water and I want a show vivarium in my living room. I will do an update in a few weeks once I pick up the tank and have the stand built

Social Sharing