Yurimaguensis/Bajo Huallaga

Discussion in 'Members Frogs & Vivariums' started by PWall, Jan 20, 2009.

1. PWall

PWall Contributing Member

Hi all,

Yurimaguensis is the name from Sean Stewart (frogs pictured are from Sean's line) or Bajo Huallaga which is Mark's/Understory's classification (mine are currently too small to breed but the coloration/patterning look similar to Sean's line), they are a fantastic frog. Very similar in behavior to the Tarapotos.
    For those people that don't work with Imis, maybe I can persuade some interest.

What I found the other day as I was too slow to pull the eggs from the tank...
    [​IMG]

and for those that want to know, the tank...
    [​IMG]

Pete

2. Kwazarr

Kwazarr Contributing Member

Very cool frogs Pete! I'd actually wanted to get my hands on some back when I got some Tarapotos, but just didn't have the room (and I couldn't find any at the time ;))! I'm glad you're enjoying them. Though you said they're similar in behaviour to the Tarapotos, have you noticed any real differences between the two? Congrats on the tads btw.

Ross.

3. PWall

PWall Contributing Member

Thanks Ross, always a nice suprise!

Tarapoto males you can hear from across the room, BHs I can barely hear when right beside the tank. This I find extremely suprising for an Imi and I was chaulking it up to an immature male. The tad suggests I was wrong about the immature part.
    Although the ones I got from Mark are not adult yet, the breeders I have are large, maybe 1/2CM longer then my Tarapoto breeders.
    Only other difference is coloration as BHs tend towards stripes and Tarapotos tend towards spotting, at least mine do.

Pete

4. Jason Guthrie

Jason Guthrie Contributing Member

Some awesome looking frogs you have there Pete! And huge congrats on the tads... I never get sick of seeing those "piggy back" pictures. And for anyone thinking about getting into Imis I strongly recomend it (very neat little frogs).. they are vocal, colourful, and crazy bold... what more could you want... :)

5. Ed Holder

Ed Holder Member

Looks like 2009 is full of suprises for you Pete! Man those are sweet little frogs!

Ed

Social Sharing