We must do something.

Discussion in 'Members Frogs & Vivariums' started by Brock, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Brock

Brock Contributing Member

2. phrakt

phrakt Member

3. MartyA

MartyA Contributing Member

Is the ASN for Canada though? With all the CITES paperwork required and the wopping ~800$ cost to even move an animal across the border I think we are neglected from the ASN.

I am however a TWI member/donor and I do support its cause...

As for the amphibian Ark, ive signed the petition but have yet to muster enough funds to make any donation. I also cant help but wonder if my funds would be better placed elsewhere. After reading the plans for AArk and their envolvement with schools on frognet. I cant help but think that helping the kids of the future become interested in amphibians going extinct now is a good goal (assuming this is where some of the funds are going). I do however have great respect for them I just want to see something done for the amphibians now. All that said, when I find the time to really understand who the AArk is and what all of their plans are I might be a bit more inclined to open up my tight student budget.

Anyways I am going to be attending/vending at the TARAS show this april and am planning on donating 20% of all my profits into conservation, I just have yet to find an organisation I 100% support.

PS - Maybe we could ask one of the TWI members to come over and answer a few questions for us.

Social Sharing