Wanted: Mini orchids, sinningia, etc. GTA

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Umbra, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Umbra

Umbra Member

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, looking for more/less any tropical mini orchid, particularly Lockhartia lunifera and any Lepanthes sp. I'm also looking for micro Sinningia sp. and any dwarf epiphytes really.

I'm in Markham, can go anywhere in the GTA, can go further as well.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

2. bbjoeys

bbjoeys Contributing Member

You can order from Ecuagenera and they will bring the plant to an upcoming orchid show. That is how I got my Lepanthes. I would not suggest having them mail you a Lepanthes from a show though - they arrive dry and dead.

3. Umbra

Umbra Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I wish they could mail them as they aren't coming back to Ontario for the rest of the year - deadline for the April show was Mar 22nd >.<

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

4. Ron Jung

Ron Jung Contributing Member

You can go to the Orchid shows in the GTA unfortunately the big one SOOS show is over and they had lots of mini broms picked up a few myself and if and when they get bigger I can sell you some offshoots from them. At Edwards Gardens at the Toronto Botanical Gardens they have monthly orchid meeting where they sell orchids as well so you might find some there or find someone who has them and you can get it from them at a later date or next meeting. I too am in Markham and you can pm me directly and I can give you information.

Ron.

Social Sharing