Some old pictures of mine

Discussion in 'Dart Frogs General' started by Lo)2enz0, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Lo)2enz0

Lo)2enz0 Contributing Member

wow, i was bored and couldn't sleep so i was browsing kingsnake looking for auratus picture (i have a bit of an obsession over auratus) and i found these old pictures from 5 years ago. well thought it was cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MartyA

MartyA Contributing Member

Hah, I remember standing right next to you when you got that auratus pic... Funny thing is I also went back through my kingsnake photo account a month ago or so and resaved some of my old pics to this computer.

3. MartyA

BTW to those of you who are curious, 5 years ago I think the average dart frogger kept frogs on gravel with sphagnum or peat.... and lots of pothos.

4. Lo)2enz0

hey the set ups worked great. aww i miss all my little troops. but besides going to bc for a drift event, well and lethbridge/edmonton for a night i won't be going anywhere for a while. Just looking for someone who is breeding costa rican auratus

lol i remember that fat female with the dot on her back. i think thats one of DJ's frogs now...

martin common post the old school picture, i have one of carb when we first picked him up lol

5. Ron Jung

Ron Jung Contributing Member

Come on Laurier you really have to look for someone breeding Costa Rican Auratus??? Look in the for sale section I posted them a while back and you remember I have 2 breeding groups of 5 Costa Rican Auratus.

Best.
    Ron Jung at RAINFOREST DESIGNS UNLTD.

6. MartyA

Since this is in the dart setion ill only post the dart photo I refound.
    (My leucs 2 years ago)
    [​IMG]

Ok I lied,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last but not least, a pic of my once lumbering giant... unfortunatly he didnt survive the stress of the move....
    [​IMG]

Laurier mine arnt quite as old as yours, but back then I didnt have a digi camera.

7. Lo)2enz0

i saw you were selling some adults but don't worry, you will be getting a shout from me soon. Your the only one breeding costa rican's since everyone is breding that panama ones. gosh i remember that WC shipment like it was yesturday, i love them all but there is nothing like a costa rican auratus.

ya martin, you really needed a digital. to bad i broke mine in costa rica. How is your mellers doing anyways, you still have him right? oh ya i finally made my way down to J&J reptiles and they had green tree monitors, but i highly doubt they will ever sell those guys. some nice mantellas there but besides that alot of the animals looked like they weren't getting enough food, and the chameleons were all dehydrated

8. MartyA

Laurier, the mellers died. Honestly mellers in general are prone to stress, and the stress of the move did him in.

I believe J&J Reptiles is the store that brought alot of huff and puff around the TARAS society... Something or other about their care of animals and a free roaming Monitor. Since im in BC and out of the loop I cant say for sure what eventually happened (If anything) but if the store is still functioning like that... then I think it speaks for itself.

LAURIER GET SOME DARTS AGAIN!!! You've been toying around with the idea for far too long...

9. DJ

DJ Contributing Member

Yeah Laurier, I thought you were getting back into the mix :lol:
    By the way, that female Cobalt isn't mine (if I'm the DJ you were referring to). I never had one with a dot like that. My original Cobalt breeders did come from Calgary though, I got them at one of the TARAS shows from a fellow who I think was an importer and may even have been a former prez of TARAS (?).

You're right about Ron's Costa Rican auratus, gorgeous frogs! I have 4 from him from a couple of years back, and wouldn't you know it I think all 4 are males! Oh well, just another excuse to order more frogs this spring.

I have more azureus just about ready too if you decide you like blue better than green :p .

DJ

10. Lo)2enz0

lol living on my own has been a huge learning experience for me and i have learned that between paying for my bills and everything is alot different than living with your parents lol. I have a 10 gals right by my computer that has been sitting here for months waiting for some darts.

I am just waiting for the right time, and this past 2 years have just been crazy for me and finally i have been getting everything sorted out so soon, don't worry martin. Azureus and auratus are the first groups on my list.

DJ, i swear i sold a trio to your wife about 4 or 5 years ago. they came with a 20 gal long.

11. DJ

DJ Contributing Member

Nope, not me, I promise! I bought my Cobalts as froglets in deli cups, my second species of darts after my tricolors. You must be thinking of someone else ... as well, as tolerant as my wife is of my hobby/obsession she wouldn't go to Calgary for a Reptile and Amphibian Show for a million dollars (well maybe for a million, but not a penny less) :lol:

DJ

12. Lo)2enz0

wait does your wife breed leopard gecko's???

it was some lady who is big into geckos and than her husband was into dart frogs. and they were from edmonton as well

umm wow, i have been thinking it was you for years lol

13. DJ

DJ Contributing Member

No leopard geckos in our house. But I know who you're talking about, they're The Gecko Corral, just outside of Edmonton. I got my current male Cobalt tinc from them. They've since gotten out of dart frogs.

Glad to hear your thinking about the azureus as well as the auratus. Maybe we'll have a chance to meet for real one of these days.

DJ

14. Lo)2enz0

Oh ok, glad i got that sorted out. funny how i thought it was you for the longest time. I honestly am waiting for the spring, last thing i want to do is have to drive though snow on a highway with sheets of ice.

Well hey, at least your frogs are decendents on mine, and originally from ron. Always wondered what happened to the rest of my frogs, it was hard for me to let my azureus go and martin knows the whole story behind that.

well once it warms up i would love to come see your collection, even if i am in town before i have everything set up. i haven't seen a dart frog since martin got his leucs and like all of you an addict thats needs a bit of incentive.

[​IMG]

15. Lo)2enz0

btw martin, im kind of am getting ripped into about J&J reptiles because i went there and people asked for my opinion about it and i was not impressed with anything. they had some nice mantellas in good condition though

and info on that company? this is on a stupid little calgary pet forum that mostly consists of younger people and they think its amazing there when i couldnt even believe the animals.

16. JDMAC

JDMAC Member

I know a few things about J & J reptiles. It's owned by Jim and Jodi...something. They are the exclusive Canadian suppliers for Dachiu Bearded Dragons. Their company used to be called "the dragons tale". Both of my beardies were at one point from them. Though I've only been to their new store once, I find it hard to believe they had a monitor running loose! In my experiences with them they have been awesome. IMHO

17. somecanadianguy

somecanadianguy Member

pics

wow those are nice i like the pic
    cheers

Social Sharing