Siamgreenculture Order Summer 2017

Discussion in 'Deal-o-rama' started by Gll_Nye, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Gll_Nye

Gll_Nye Member

Hi all making a new thread for the possibility of a Siamgreenculture order this summer. We have an import permit already for the following plant genera.

1. Adiantum sp. 2. Antrophyum sp. 3. Anthurium sp. 4. Aglaomorpha sp. 5. Aglaonema sp. 6. Angiopteris sp. 7. Asplenium sp. 8. Begonia sp. 9. Biophytum sp. 10.Blechnum sp. 11.Bolbitis sp. 12.Calathea sp. 13.Cibotium sp. 14.Columea sp. 15.Cyathea sp. 16.Davallia sp. 17.Drynaria sp. 18.Dryopteris sp. 19.Doryopteris sp. 20.Elaphoglossum sp. 21.Episcia sp. 22.Equisetum sp. 23.Fissidens sp. – Tropical mosses 24.Helminthostachys zeylanica 25.Homalonema sp. 26.Hymenophyllum sp. – Filmy ferns 27.Huperzia sp. 28.Labisia sp. 29.Lecanopteris sp. 30.Lemmaphyllum sp. 31.Lepisorus sp. 32.Lunalaria sp. – Liverworts 33.Mapania sp. 34.Mahantia sp. – Liverworts 35.Melastomaceae sp. 36.Microgramma sp. 37.Microsorum sp. 38.Neolepisorus sp. 39.Nephrolepis sp. 40.Rhaphidophera sp. 41.Phyllagatis sp. 42.Phymatosorus sp. 43.Pilea sp. 44.Piper sp. 45.Peperomia sp. 46.Philodendron sp. 47.Polypodium sp. 48.Polytrichum sp. – Tropical mosses 49.Selaginella sp. 50.Selliguea sp. 51.Sonerila sp. 52.Tectaria sp. 53.Trichomanes sp. – Filmy ferns 54.Vittaria sp. 55.Woodwardia sp.

People who have expressed interest already have are:
    AbraxasComplex
    Alpha_Reptile
    BCMosaic

Check out the website and facebook group for lists of plants and more info

http://www.siamgreenculture.com/

and

https://www.facebook.com/Siamgreenculture/

They will have some nice begonia species available in summer so this will be your chance to grab some of those. If you have any questions about availability ask me and I will shoot them an email. That way we won't be asking them twice or overwhelming them with emails.

2. BCMosaic

BCMosaic Member

Thanks for doing this Gil. Much appreciated.
    Cheers

3. Gll_Nye

Gll_Nye Member

You're welcome! AbraxasComplex was the one who did all the work getting the permit. I think Siamgreenculture has some nice plants and I would be glad to organize another order if it means splitting the shipping costs with some other people and getting a few plants I missed last time. Just to inform anyone else interested the plants will be shipped to Vancouver BC so if you can’t make it to the Vancouver area you will have to pay for additional shipping to your part of Canada. I don’t mind doing it but you’d have to decide if that was worth it. Shooting at sometime in June for this.

4. zZephyr

zZephyr Member

I'm definitely interested. Any idea how much the extra shipping to ontario would cost?

5. Gll_Nye

Gll_Nye Member

6. zZephyr

zZephyr Member

Alright, I'll bite. I've been wanting to get a grow out tank together with some rarer species anyways. I've never done this so I'll need a bit of a walk through.

7. Gll_Nye

Gll_Nye Member

Sure no prob! So just pick out the plants that you want from their website and send me the list. Then I can look at it and see if it falls within the parameters of our import permit. After that I will contact SGC and see which of those are available and get prices. I'll send that information back to you and let you confirm. You will send the money for the plants directly to SGC via paypal or credit card. When the plants arrive in Vancouver I will receive them, repackage and send them to you. AbraxasComplex you did the order last time does that seem correct to you?

8. AbraxasComplex

AbraxasComplex Member

Yep. Keep in mind you will have to also account for their processing and packaging fees when putting your list together. It's about $2 per plant since they have to strip them of soil in order to ship to Canada. They will include this added expense when they make an invoice.

9. Gll_Nye

Gll_Nye Member

They sent me the list of the Begonia species. Yellow highlighted are the ones available now. Not highlighted will be available later this year or next. Unfortunately the species I was planning to get are too expensive due to high demand I guess.
    Begonia blancii Black form $150 USD
    Begonia darthvaderiana $100 USD
    However I might get Begonia pteridiformis Red form because that one has been on my list for a while.

Attached Files:

Social Sharing