Punta Laurent Boldness

Discussion in 'Dart Frogs General' started by Sheldor, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Sheldor

Sheldor Member

For those of you out there keeping oophaga Punta Laurent, can you comment on their boldness? I have two and never see them, in fact it might as well be an empty tank with plants in it, not so sure they’re still in there. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. I received them in March so I imagine they’re close to a year old now.

2. Taylorman

Taylorman Member

Mine are also about a year old. For a long time hardly ever seen them, now that a male calling see them more often. If that helps any. Vince would know a lot more maybe he would chime in on this.

3. Dave Larocque

Dave Larocque New Member

I bought four of them back in Nov 2017 from Vince. It took them 4-5 months to acclimatize to our noisy house. Three Springer Spaniels, two cats and a parrot. I have them in a heavily planted exo terra 18x18x24 high. See them all the time now. Literally every day. Now when I open up, water and feed them, they no longer run and hide. They are feeding while I'm dropping flies in for them. I have a tad in film canister and I see the pair tending it most days. Very happy with them. Beautiful, noisy and active. Some of my favorites.
    Dave.

Taylorman likes this.
  4. Sheldor

Sheldor Member

Nice, thanks guys, I’m at about the 5 month mark myself, I’ll keep an eye on them to see if there’s a change. I have them in an 18x18x24 as well.

5. Brennan

Brennan Member

I've had 0.0.3 for roughly 2 mohths and acquired them at 4 months old. I see 2 of the 3 every day. No shying away even when I open up their viv. Highly planted 18" cube.

6. Sheldor

Sheldor Member

Any chance you guys could share pictures of your Punta Laurent setups? Maybe there’s something I’m missing in mine.

7. Brennan

Brennan Member

You have a nice looking viv. The only differnce between your viv and mine is plant size. I have a large s.pictus and b.manaus in front; which the frogs are often on. I also have a couple larger broms that they often can be seen using.

8. Sheldor

Sheldor Member

I’m thinking that Vince needs to sell me more :)
    Maybe their bolder in a bigger group, just have two.

I had just one blue jeans for almost a year and hardly ever see it, I received three more in May and now I see all 4 of them all the time.

Social Sharing