New Show Category at Orchid Society of Alberta's Orchid Fair

Discussion in 'Expos, Shows & Meets' started by Lordoftheswarms, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Epiphile

Epiphile Contributing Member

I would go to an orchid show in an outhouse if they had the plants I wanted. I don't go for the venue, the food, or even the company. One track mind here...

h2osanity likes this.
  2. Drew

Drew Administrator Staff Member

there is one lady, her name escapes me, she grow mostly cool growing minuature and she always display them in a viv. Cool part about her viv is that it completly come apart no silicone involved. its kinda neat.

Also many of our members are making glass "jar" vivs lately would be cool to include those in a category

3. H2-0

H2-0 Moderator Staff Member

Lordoftheswarms, I'm sorry you felt the need to criticize my current society, I was only trying to defend the hard work of other societies and their members.

It's unfortunate you couldn't be a team player. You could have said that your societies show was going to be awesome (which I'm sure it will be) and left it at that. I feel there was no need to size up every other show in Canada, especially in the way that you did.

I hope your show goes well and that your new venue works great. I am still looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing about it.

4. Lordoftheswarms

Lordoftheswarms Member

You called me on what I said, so I had to justify why I made the statement. Based on the criteria, that is the conclusion.

If you hadn't called me on what I said, I obviously wouldn't have expanded upon an expression of pride of helping contribute to what I viewed at the best show in Canada. I don't have anything against VicOS. I would have preferred to have left the subject alone.

Please, let's just let it go.

5. mystah

mystah Legendary Member

WOW...the passion of the flower guys!!!

Social Sharing