new pumilio shipment

Discussion in 'Dart Frogs General' started by Anonymous, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey everyone,
    some of you might have seen on dendroboard that the US has received a shipment of interestingly colored pumilios and I wanted to inform you all that a similar shipment has arrived in Canada. They arrived a few days ago at one of the large importers in montreal. The color variety isn't as interesting as the ones that were posted on dendroboard (no robalo or guaramo river) but there are some definately gorgeous christobal. I figured some of you might be interested and you may have contacts with petstores and things like that that are able to order some for you. In which case, the list from the importer is basically divided in colors but you may be able to specify what you really want (like christobal) and ask them to repeat it to the person over there in charge of the frogs (she knows what they are). Anyways, I wasn't sure if I should post the information as I don't want anyone to think I'm encouraging the purchase of wild caught (or farmed) animals. However, as I've never seen these in the pet trade before, I would certainly encourage breeders to look into it. Anyways, it's your call... just wanted to put the information out there.
    Take care,
    mel :wink:

2. Drew

Drew Administrator Staff Member

thanks for the info

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We just got a few in from that shipment & WOW are they ever nice
    [​IMG][/url][/img]
    D.pumilio Isla popa green

We`re getting more next week :D

James @4FrogsUnlimited

4. Lackey

Lackey Member

So how would the average guy get some frogs from this shipment?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contacting you local petstop would be the best way, the importer in Montreal will not sell to individuals, they are wholesaler.

James @4frogsUnlimited

6. MartyA

MartyA Contributing Member

Bah, I hate having moved away from Calgary, Im still trying to get the only petstore out here that carries reptiles/amphibians to order me in some of those green Epipedobates Trivittatus (asked him weeks ago). By the time he does theyll probably be the last of whats left (aka the sickly and dieing). I hope who ever is able to get these breeds them and disperses em throughout Canada :).
    (BTW: Green pumilio are my fav, im soo jealous)

7. Tarolisol

Tarolisol Contributing Member

So fourfrogs are you a pet shop?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Registered Business

Hey Taro,

James here, no we are not a Pet Store. We are a registered business in the City of Calgary. Our website is in the works now( & has been for quite some time :shock: ). We are building the site ourselves with the help of a few friends(computer programmers) & hope to have it up and running by the end of June.

The reason we have yet to post in the vendors section of this forum is we have been building & still are expanding our business, we have much in the works & are not yet ready to go public with our projects . I am sure that there have been WHISPERS & PM`s in this forum as to our interests & intentions in regards to this hobby.

We are first & foremost Conservationists, our business/hobby comes second on our priority list.

We will post on our business & projects in the vendors section in the near future,

James & Sherry @4FrogsUnlimited

9. Drew

Drew Administrator Staff Member

so who else got some of these cuties

10. Tarolisol

I havent seen any dart frogs come into calgary for quite some time.

11. Lo)2enz0

Lo)2enz0 Contributing Member

river front has some trivittatus right now, for like $140 each or something. but talk to wayne he can get stuff for you

12. Tarolisol

They have had the trivitattus for a long time because i believe the price was 240 dollars each. They over price there reptiles so i can never afford to get anything from them otherwise i would have bought those trivittatus.

13. Lo)2enz0

ya, they are live every pet store. i am looking forward to the taras show. that lady who breeds cobalt tincs will be there, god i shouldn't of sold those to her...

14. Tarolisol

I guess ill have to attend this show, its been dissapointing for the last shows all there ever is is geckos snakes and spiders.

15. Ron Jung

Ron Jung Contributing Member

GIANT ORANGE EGGS---GOOD!!!!!

Hey Laurier.

If you ever come to TO let me know as I have like 65+ tads on the go now from several diff. tincts and auratus. PLUS A BIG YA HOOOOOOOOOO! My Giant Orange finally gave me 5 good eggs that are turning into tads. Finally after 5 years, yes 5 years good eggs. :lol: :lol: :lol: Please don't ask for them as I have a waiting list for them and they are already gone if they make it to froglets???

Keep in touch I can do you some good deals since you were a great customer in the past. :D

Best.
    Ron Jung at RAINFOREST DESIGNS UNLTD.

16. Lo)2enz0

i wouldn't mind making a trip out there again sometime. haven't been to there for 2 years. i am just in the process of figuring out whats happening with school. if i do end up moving to edmonton plans will be every different. this year has been insane. first i move out, than i move again 6 months later, and now i may be moving to drayton valley for the summer and than to edmonton at the end of the summer. or i will just stay here, which may be the best for me.

either way i miss all my little guys and my 10 cobalt group. starting off with some auratus from james. can't wait to see these guys.

Social Sharing