New 20 gal conversions

Discussion in 'Members Frogs & Vivariums' started by jridge, Aug 21, 2017.

1. jridge

jridge Member

This is my first attempt at converting a tank. I did 2 20gals at the same time to go next to my existing tank. I am pretty happy with how they turned out! Got a few plants installed and now waiting on some more to be delivered. Installed the mistking heads into the 20's as well as my original 18x18x24 tank. I need leaf litter and finishing touches still... thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenoasis1 likes this.
  2. erikm

erikm Administrator Staff Member

Looks good. Did you order conversion kits? What do you plan on putting in each one?

3. jridge

jridge Member

No I made it all myself. I ordered a hinge for he front BUT I made a mistake when ordering my glass pieces. I was sold a 6mm piece of glass (which is pretty thick!). The hinge wasn't big enough to hold the glass so I had to think fast and ended up making the whole front piece myself. I created a track for the glass to slide into and latched it at the top. Used a piece of tube on the top of the glass to fit it very snug. Worked out great.

4. jridge

jridge Member

Not sure what I plan to put in them. I'm hoping for some thumbs but haven't made any choices yet. Any recommendations?

Social Sharing