My new tank with a couple of Vanzolini and Tarapoto

Discussion in 'Members Frogs & Vivariums' started by PKwan, Dec 7, 2017.

1. PKwan

PKwan Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Red Beard likes this.
  2. erikm

erikm Administrator Staff Member

Although your tank does look excellent, the species mixing is no good. These two frogs are very closely related and WILL breed, creating a hybrid. You will not be able to destroy eggs/tadpoles as they are extremely good at hiding eggs and raising their young.

As a passionate hobbyist I would ask that you please do the responsible thing and move one of the species to another tank.

3. PKwan

PKwan Member

Thank you for the information. With a little bit of luck it is done this morning. I had some doubts about that, I haved posted a question some days ago. Bu now, I have to prepare a new tank !!! A good opportunaty with Christmas time...
    Therefore, no Ranitomya species in the same tank ? What kind of dart frog species could I keep with them without any riks or is it better to have a bigger group.

erikm likes this.
  4. Ron Jung

Ron Jung Contributing Member

If you have more or can get more of either a bit larger group is better. More chance of breeding (M/F) and you will almost always see some out and about in the tank unlike if you only had a pr. in the tank. Mind you, your guys don't seem to be shy but it is always impressive to see a group hopping about in a tank. Yes with Christmas approaching a perfect opportunity to make that a Christmas wish come true.;)

Good luck and show us pics when you get your new tank done.

Ron.

5. erikm

erikm Administrator Staff Member

Yep you will be best with just one species and have a larger group. Good excuse to build another tank!

Social Sharing