Lighting help

Discussion in 'Vivarium General' started by Toongraeme, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Toongraeme

Toongraeme Member

2. CLP

CLP Member

For plant growth, you need something closer to 6500K, the bulbs you are asking about are 5000K, so would not give great plant growth, especially if you want broms. I would really suggest you spend the $$ on a decent grow light. I have had success in the past with Sunblaster lights. At the time, the were T5HO tube lights. They're making LEDs now, but you can probably still find some of the tube ones on Amazon for less than the LEDs.

Toongraeme likes this.
  3. Toongraeme

Toongraeme Member

4. CLP

CLP Member

They look like they'd be ok except they might be a bit too bright for your size tank. You definitely would want only one in there, but even then may be a bit much. I've got an 18x18x24 that currently has two 13 watt CFLs until my new lights arrive, and it's just a bit less light than I want, so in your case, 23 watts could be a bit much. For the price, probably worth a try. Worst case scenario, you can't use them and will have to save them for your next larger viv. Trust me, it's only a matter of time. These frogs can be a bit addictive!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Toongraeme likes this.
  5. Toongraeme

Toongraeme Member

Cheers.... they have it in a 13W as well! For under $10! I hear ya, I’ve already planned the upgrade lmao!

Social Sharing