Jungle-bid.com - Sustainable Dart Frog Sales

Discussion in 'Dart Frogs General' started by Senegal927, May 26, 2017.

1. Senegal927

Senegal927 New Member

Hello,

I am Michael Hurtado, site owner of Jungle-bid.com. A new site that provides you a secure, smooth and organized online marketplace to sell all Dart Frog related items. JungleBid provides you the accessibility to continue feeding your hobby hunger for new items and frogs whiledonating to the Rainforest without any additional effort on your part. JungleBid will be donating up to 5% of the proceeds ofevery dart frog or product sold through this marketplace. Our conservation donations will be focused and centered aroundRainforest habitat conservationand stopping the illegal capture and smuggling of poison dart frogs.In order to make this happen JungleBid applies an 8% sales transaction fee of the sale price only when you make a sale.No sale-No fee. In the future, we plan on integrating with Instagram and Facebook to also market individual listings posted on Jungle-bid.com to those social media outlets free of charge.

My team and I personally invite you to visit and register on JungleBid – it’s now live! JungleBid will have 4 marketing campaigns going live this Memorial Day weekend to invite the public at large. You would be among the first to visit and see the site. Additionally, you can send me the e-mail address you use to register on the site and I’ll give you 30 days of zero sale transaction fees as a seller.

Don’t hesitate to ask any questions that aren’t already answered on the site. Feel free to pass this offer along and I hope to see you online.

Thank you,

Michael Hurtado

Jungle-bid.com

2. RougeCreek

RougeCreek Member

I would love to know more information about this service. Could you please tell me which environmental projects you have chosen to support. Do you have methods to ensure that the livestock sold is of legal origin and ethically obtained? Do you provide any screening on vendors? Thank you.

3. Senegal927

Senegal927 New Member

Hi RougeCreek,

Great questions. If you go to the website at the bottom of the home page is a list and explanation for which conservation efforts we are focused on. There is however no screening for vendors other than basic account verification. This site is meant for hobbyist and businesses alike. Most hobbyists right now post through crigslist/facebook/forum sites. We are trying to bring all that together and redirect some of those proceeds back to the Rainforest.

Hope this helps!

4. Carlos

Carlos Contributing Member

So you charge 8% and donate up to 5%?

RougeCreek likes this.
  5. Senegal927

Senegal927 New Member

Carlos,

That's correct. The remaining 3% is for domain/server/website maintenance and of course continual marketing. :)

6. erikm

erikm Administrator Staff Member

First impressions for me - 3% per transaction is pretty high for you guys to take. I do like the 5% to conservation though, especially when I see Tesoros as a beneficiary. However you say 'UP TO'.. what does that mean? To me it means you could potentially donate 0.01% and still not be lying.

RougeCreek, greenoasis1 and Carlos like this.
  7. Carlos

Carlos Contributing Member

The "up to" put up red flags for me.

8. Senegal927

Senegal927 New Member

If that was the case I'd sooner not even go through the trouble of donating or lieing for that matter and just lower the %. I think the site has value even without that aspect. However let's say an avg price of a frog is $70 then 8% comes to $5.60. Once you separate the 3% which is $2.10 that isn't very much take away considering the site didn't grow from water and sunlight :p The site came with a significant sunk cost and also has recurring yearly costs associated (Server, continual marketing, domain, SSL, enhancements, break/fix issues). My time and some of my team members time is really just donated.

The market standard for online auctions and market place fees is usually around 10%. I am only asking 3% to recoup and maintain my cost and 5% to give back to conservation.

And the 'UP TO' part. Well if this whole year I I only net $300 (which would be 143 frogs given our avg up above) I would have to make sure the site covers it's own recurring yearly cost before I could donate or else this is all academic.

I hope this helps! I really put in a lot of energy, time and thought to making this site and figuring a happy medium for people to want to use this and also give back to the Frogs and their habitat. I am always open to hearing suggestions too. I really appreciate all the comments on here - I am sure others have the same questions :)

Carlos likes this.
  9. GermanEdam

GermanEdam Member

May I ask, why are you advertising on a Canadian website when you can't buy or ship products to Canada???

10. Senegal927

Senegal927 New Member

Hello!

Not sure what exactly you mean. But Canadians can sell to other Candians on the site. The site is a marketplace for users worldwide to ship and sell domestically or foreign as their laws provide.

This isn't an American only site. If I misunderstood your question - sorry! :)

11. GermanEdam

GermanEdam Member

Oh, I guess there are only American sellers at the moment.

12. Senegal927

Senegal927 New Member

Ah yes that there is. The site just launched 2 days ago so it'll take some time to content build.

Social Sharing