hawaian auratus

Discussion in 'Dart Frogs General' started by Drew, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, if no one complains there is no problem but if they "intercept a pdf smuggling ring" it could lead to hard times for other Alberta froggers. Is the provincial or is it municipal?
    if it is only a by-law I suggest getting together with any local herp clubs to lobby against it
    Just my two cents
    Chris

2. Tarolisol

Tarolisol Contributing Member

well im going to assume its provincial since if it was municipal that would make it stupider then it already is.

3. xavier

xavier Contributing Member

In my opinion I think those provincial laws are more focused towards any bussiness that is related with buying and selling animals.
    if you get an animal or few animals for personal enjoinment I don't think they are going to go house by house to track who and who has not purchased frogs that are illegal in Alberta. They just do not have the time and resources to do that. If it is on an commercial level then I would assume it would be different.

PS: James I did talk to the people that fix cameras but they only fix regular cameras not digital. I think the best way to go is to go to the camera store on 11 ave SW and check with them. I am pretty sure they might know other places that fix digital cameras.

Cheers

Xavier. :)

4. MarkPepper

MarkPepper Member

It is a provinchal law regarding the phyllobates in Alberta. it is illegal to posses fo personal or commercial purposses. should the wrong person find out, you could just as easily be fined with possession for personal use as you could for possesion for commercial purposes. Why risk it, the last thing we need in the herp community is more bad publicity. Terribillis are great frogs, but compared to many of the dendros, the can be rather boring...if there is such thing as a lazy frog, terribillis would be it.

this law/ is ridiculous I agree, and certainly was founded on fear rather than fact, but this is life. If you really want to keep phyllobates, then lobby the powers that be with a well researched argument citing peer reviewed scientific articles rather that just the obvious they are not poisonous in captivity argument. Im sure a well researched/argued petition may get something accomplished, but maybe not...as im sure this wouldnt be high priority with the regulating bodies.

5. xavier

xavier Contributing Member

I do agree, why to have phyllobates if you can have dendrobates. I am personally happy with dendros myself but In my opinion again don't think the provincial government would be interested on giving fines on a personal bases. Still I agree with Mark that if we want to keep phyllos we should Find a good argument and lobby it to the provincial government.

Cheers

6. Drew

Drew Administrator Staff Member

it's been brought to my attention that me saying that poeple should smuggle frogs into alberta could be taken serious, i apologise for this i was joking and i no way do i think people should risk importing these RARE and illegal animals.

If you guys really want these little guys in alberta lobbying is the way to go.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Edit!

Thanks Drew :lol:

James

Social Sharing