Dart Frogs Illegal in Alberta

Discussion in 'Dart Frogs General' started by pinkjello, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Spidey88

Spidey88 Member

Even though no one wants to be in Columbia right now, and there is absolutely no pressure or desire from anyone for wild-caught Phyllobates, this is one of the cornerstones of their rationale - that you can't tell a wild-caught frog from a captive-bred one. If people were going to smuggle Phyllobates into Alberta, they're going to be doing it with easily-accessible, much healthier and much cheaper captive bred specimens from areas where they are legal - not by hunting through the bush on land owned by drug cartels looking for a critically endangered frog.

Again - the actual facts and evidence are overwhelmingly on our side. The real hard part is getting the opportunity to present it to the right people, and having them genuinely listen to it.

2. RCFA

RCFA Member

I have met Mr. Fawcett on 2 occasions on other ESRD topics related to my work. He seems like a very reasonable individual, although I'm sure he personally does not have much information on this subject and someone else has almost certainly drafted this letter for him to sign. I'm sure there are a lot of efforts underway to engage on this issue, but if anyone needs additional support please send a PM.

Social Sharing