cork panels

Discussion in 'Construction & Parts' started by Blair D, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Blair D

Blair D Member

hello all! I am in the process of building a frog rack, and have been looking into cork panels as a viable background/visual barrier for the tanks.I have searched online and the forum, I am just trying to find the right safe panels to use. For some reason older posts on here are not showing images for me.

The best source and product I have seem to found is http://www.corkstore.com/Products/I...-Tile-Dark-305mmx305mmx9-5mm-Nopsa?quantity=1 has any one else used these or have an alternative idea of where i could get something similar? My rack is going to start with 4 20 gal talls so id like something that's not going to take up a ton of room.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dendromad

Dendromad Contributing Member

I've seen them in Michaels and staples in packs of 4.

3. Blair D

Blair D Member

I have heard of them being there too, i was more worried if they were the same quality and pressed to natural bond or if the ones at Michaels and staples use some sort of glue instead. iv seen a few posts of some experienced keepers using a variation of these panels just wonder what ones were the right and safe ones. have you used tho ones from there?

4. greenoasis1

greenoasis1 Contributing Member

The Cork Panels in the link..I believe the adhesive may not stay together over time and the adhesive may leach toxins.
    Have you looked into getting Zoo med Cork Tile or Forest Tile?

2683.jpeg

2685.jpeg

erikm likes this.
  5. Blair D

Blair D Member

Hey Phil thanx for your input, That is what i was worried about. The fact that they may be glued apposed to heat pressed.I have not looked into the zoo med products as i usually build my back grounds for my reptile tanks out of great stuff and silicone. i was just worried about the space they would take up in a 20 gal tall. I may just go bare glass. what method do you use in your breeding tanks? iv also heard of people using gorilla glue and peat moss but have yet to attempt it myself.

Social Sharing