CDFR-Canadian Dart Frog Registry

Discussion in 'Dart Frogs General' started by TropicalJewels, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Contributing Member

Thank you

I suppose Canadart will still be alive. I started talking with Drew to team up and get everything altogether.

Since it seems that we have some spam problems with the actual version of the board. We could convert and transfer all the board.

Future will tell.

2. crazy_boarder_dude

crazy_boarder_dude Contributing Member

This is Awesome just to let everyone know ive got almost all the tinctorius morphs done and am now working on Auratus and Pumilio....followed by other morphs....

3. Tsunami

Well it's been a month since I told everyone about this project.

Now I have done all the things on my TODO list. All that's left is some tweaking and some enhancements

I have done the registry. It's fully functionnal, safe and automatic.

The Dendromap project have been completed rapidly, thanks to Bart. Tinctorius and Auratus moprhs are online with Pumilio coming in September.

I have added a Bboard to help remove spam and get a little more control over what's happening.

Now you can go ahead and use it.

Welcome to CDFR.CA

4. Sundra

Sundra Member

Perry,

I wonder if you were checking your PMs around the time you first posted this idea because I know I responded to you and I never got a response.

Sundra

5. Tsunami

Hi everyone.

I built CDFR.ca awhile ago and there has been few people around. I know that Canadart is the #1 source actually. I invite everyone to create a account on CDFR.ca and continue to inform the community.

Actually, I feel like Canadart is sinking, with no captain onboard and taking care of it. Spams are all over the place. No contest is brought up. Nothing new is happening.

I think our community, our hobby deserve better.

CDFR.ca is up-to-date, has applications built by hobbyist for hobbyist, is virtually spam free. We believe that if everyone is given a role in the community, nothing could sink us.

All we need now is YOU. Join in and help build a community that is stronger and cohesive. This will help us all and together, we might catch up on the 15 years that separates us from the US and EU.

6. crazy_boarder_dude

crazy_boarder_dude Contributing Member

Amen.

So If you arent already a Member we invite you to join! Also Register your frogs on The registry located on the website :wink:

7. Drew

Drew Administrator Staff Member

wow Mathieu I guess the personally attacks are going to start. I apologies for not been around that much lately. I have purchased a new home and got screwed by Bell for three months. It's kinda hard to run a website with no internet for 3 months.

Mathieu I'm sorry you feel like canadart is sinking but my opinion is that spliting the community doesnt help the matter.

8. ouaouaron

ouaouaron Member

Oui, il y a des annonces imb?ciles, c'est vrai!
    Mais ceci mis ? part, Canadart a r?ussi ? fonctionner cahin caha pendant trois mois SANS PAPA. Et ceci est la marque que Canadart est peut-?tre en train de devenir adulte!
    Bienvenue chez toi Drew!
    Bernard.

9. SLDDave

SLDDave Contributing Member

I still frequent canadart everyday.

I've thought of this issue before in the past (long before CDFR was around) and have come to this conclusion: Canadart isn't sinking, it's just an unactive place. The reason it's unactive isn't the board, it's just the population of froggers in Canada.

Look at dendroboard. It has thousands of members and probably 2-3 hundred daily posters so this makes it very active. Canadart has a few thousand members, but only like 2 or three daily posters.

Besides, I only have four dart species, I'm busy as f@#%, and I already know the basics of the hobby: I'm assuming many of us are in the same situation- hence another reason why posts are far in between.

For now, we are all part of a club, a very small club- Dart Frog Enthusiasts. Increase the popularity of Dart Frogs around Canada and I'll guarantee the forum will become more active.

10. Tsunami

Never wanted to attack you personally. That was the last thing on my mind. If you felt in any way attacked, I'm very sorry.

The only thing I see actually is that there is some problem of keeping Canadart clean and active. You were indeed very busy with your new house, and that I understand very well.

We talked about merging many times prior to make CDFR official. There is a common vision about the future of the hobby and what it takes to get us all together. You admitted not to have much time to spend on Canadart, and that, I respect it.

I decided to create CDFR to continue Canadart's legacy and to improve it. I never meant to divide the small community that we are. It would be ridiculous and probably more confusing then anything.

All I wanted with CDFR is a clean, strong ,cohesive, active and well informed community. I think that all this start with a place where everybody can gather and discuss. This is what Canadart was and still is meant for.

To conclude, I want to help the community, I want to help preserve the great work Canadart has achieved. I offered you to merge and help you out.

If you changed your idea and don't want to merge anymore, I will respect your choice and will, for the benefit of our community, shut down CDFR to prevent confusion and division.

If you still want to merge, I will be glad to help you and bring our community even further, based on Canadart legacy.

11. Drew

Drew Administrator Staff Member

Canadart has been a great board for a few years now, I know that it has it's problem but this board has brought me many new friends.
    Bernard, Ron and Christian to name but a few you guys are the reason I started this board to help bring the froggers together.

Maybe we need a revamp maybe we need a merge? I do think it shouldn't be up to two people but the whole community.
    We are about 70 active members so lets start a poll and get thing moving forward.

Drew

12. Tsunami

I truly agree with you. The success of a board doesnt rely solely on one individual. It's the work, the effort brought up by a group that help the board, the community thrive.

I know we are a few active members but those active members can work together to change things.

If it needs a revamp and you need help, I could assist you. If you think it would be easier to merge. It's ready. Nothing would be lost.

I know lately I've been shaking things up, and if people has been offended or even hurt, that wasn't the intention. I know it's not a good way to make friends but I sure know it's a good way for new ideas to sprout.

I just want things to get beyond this little, almost secretive community. If we push a little bit the discussion, if we prove there is a will to change, to improve, maybe there will be more people interested. More people would bring probably more passionate. More passionate would keep the will to improve.

13. Christian

Christian Member

I am so touch, Drew. I am your friend.

When do you will come to montreal,

14. dralucas

dralucas Member

Ok guys, so whats up with the registry, is it active?

15. syble

syble Contributing Member

apparently it crashed during the move or something like that, they're currently working on it to get it back up and running.
    Sib ;)

16. Tsunami

Yes I try to fix it but here's what happen,

I moved the registry flawlessly, then, to prevent you from having 854 passwords to remember, i tried to allow login using the board login... Sadly i must have done something wrong, everything went down... I correct it and it didn't work.

Registry will be back before mid-April. I'm concentrating on flyers, t-shirts, partnership and finally maintenance of the board.

Social Sharing